Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dissapointments = rage against the treadmill


Yesterday was a very disappointing day.

I thought that I was going to be considered for a promotion... yea no. Not even! Its just sooo frustrating! Everyday is different. I have a different job everyday. Do you know how frustrating and stressful that is! I swear he is Bi-polar!!! (It's ok, I've already told him what I think about his so called "forgetfulness")

So I was super bummed out. And when I wrote my post yesterday I was having an ok morning, then it turned into crap!

I said that I was going to go to Zumba class last night. But I ended up getting off of work late and so I didnt make it in time for the 5pm class. 

So instead of just sitting on the couch and vegging out to my disappointments....I decided that I would go crush the treadmill. Now, I dislike going to the gym later in the evening, it's sooo busy! So I turned up my music all the way and just pounded it out. I had tunnel vision, focusing on letting go of my stress/disappointments. As the sweat poured onto my t-shirt I could just feel my shoulders getting lighter. Running always makes me feel better. No matter what kind of mood I'm in, after a run I ALWAYS feel better!


    I'm also disappointed in myself. The scale is telling me that I haven't lost any weight at all. Yet my clothes are getting looser and looser. I know that I should'nt rely on the scale but damn it would be nice it it said a good number... something!!
   I also feel as though because I have been at or around the same 2-3 lbs for two weeks I have hit a plateau. Since the beginning of my journey I have lost roughly 14lbs. BOO! Thats just not going to cut it for me.
I have not let my stresses affect my diet. I am still eating cleaner. If you follow me on Instagram you know what I eat! I like to post my food, because it gives people ideas. Becasue sometimes you get stuck in a routine and you just dont know what you can do. So look to someone who has the same goals for ideas... So you can see my ideas there!
Our fridge is PACKED...and with mostly veggies and healthies! The Miracle Whip is Jeremy's...He wont give it up...ever! lol...Seriously we have soo many veggies...the  drawer is full of them too! haha!!
 
Yesterday I tried a Think Thin  bar...
Creamy Peanut Butter...I was NOT impressed... I didnt even finish it! EWWW!
The creaminess of it actually made me gag! No thanks!
 
Today I'm trying the Caramel Fudge...we'll see how that goes!
 

HIIT:

I have been reading a lot about HIIT lately and I'm thinking that I am going to give it a try! Not that it's something that you have to buy into or anything....I will just be basically "shocking" my body and hopefully jump starting my engine again! So I will be giving this a two to three week trial period. I am also going to be changing up the way I workout.

HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training: an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense areobic exercise with less intense recovery periods.

It's said to improve fat burn; but we shall see! Tonight I'm going to get Jerm's to take pictures, so that we can see if I have any progress at the end of three weeks!

Before, I would do 30 minutes of cardio and then 30 minutes of weight training and call it a workout... But I have been researching ways to switch it up.

  Now, I will be doing 15 Min Cardio Warm up, Strength Training on Arms, 15 Min HIIT Cardio, Leg workout, followed by 15 Min Last Chance HIIT Cardio.

  I'll probably be doing this 3 times a week(M,W,F) The other 2 days I will be trying out the classes that my gym has to offer and hitting the strength training harder with a 20 Min Cardio-Stair Master Warm Up. Jeremy has been helping me on the weight lifting machines, because I like using dumbbells...but he's been so kind enough to help me what machines are good for what exercises! (such a good boyfriend!)

  Like I said I will be trying this out for two - three weeks combined with a low carb, high protein and veggies diet menu. I hate the word diet. Just eat right people! McD's aint right....I dont care what anyone says!! I get nautious just thinking about it! (Seriously, I cant eat it...i'll barf!)
 During this period, Im not looking to lose a specific amount of weight, ok maybe I want to lose at least 2 pounds??!!! But Im looking for more toning and endurance. This will help me reach my goal of wanting to complete 3 miles a day!

I hope that everyone is having a good week so far! And dont forget to find me on Keek, Instagram and I'm on Pinterest too!  @Ceceisme
 
Turn it Up Tuesday!!!
Get motivated and turn it up!!


Peace and Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment